Odysseus on island

Odysseus on island

Sunday, April 13, 2014

alive and tanning #2


who is this co-pilot I sit with
pores releasing
rivulets of liquid summer?

her suit jives in red
jiggles in tan
next to a white volleyball

i remember her from somewhere
close -athena? aphrodite? nausikka?  daphne?  paula?
I have seen her before

was she in the surf this morning
with a yellow board
and a smooth glide?

low in her beach chair
soft angles
slight turn of head

anchor of the moment
and there are others all around
moveable feast

someone brings me another drink
it is cold
rivulets again

i like santa monica
good place
let us stay here awhile

suddenly,
she turns to me, hair the color of sunlight
eyes like glass, skin the morning beach

she is out of my reach
out of my reach

my reach

No comments:

Post a Comment